Thursday, July 14, 2011

News from the Dish-lady


Hello everyone! My name is Amanda, but most of the VBS kids know me as the sister of Alexi. Among the team, I am called the bell-lady or the snack-lady or the dish-lady because that is my life during VBS! But I love washing dishes because it gives me the opportunity to cover every day in prayer and sing worship songs to encourage the team.

I was asked to share my testimony with you because I shared it with the children yesterday and received a wonderful response among the young ones. Four told me that they wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts after I finished with my story!

It is very simple really: when I was about two, I decided that I wanted to ask Jesus into my heart. I thought that heaven was very far away, so to make sure that God could hear me, I went outside. Sitting in my sandbox, I called up to the sky as loudly as I could: "Jesus, come into my heart!" And that was that! I think that because my testimony is so simple, the children identified with it and realized that they could come to Jesus just as simply. Please pray for the children who asked Jesus into their hearts; pray that they realize the decision they made and that they are always attentive to the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment