Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anglophones parmi les Francophones

This week in VBS, I can always be found with my new friend Amelia. Amelia lives very close to my hometown, and is staying in France with her family for the summer. She and I are good buddies now, mostly because we both are part of the the few that only speak English. It has been so much fun to spend time doing crafts with her, playing sports with her, and most importantly sharing God's Word with her. Many times Amelia and I feel a little lost amongst all the French speakers. But God has really shown me on this mission trip that, while language may seem like a barrier from our human perspective, it is no barrier to God. Whether the children speak French or English, God is speaking to their hearts here in Marseille. God knows no barriers. Nothing can stop His work. You can see the children feel the love of God by the smiles on their faces throughout the day. God is relentlessly seeking the hearts of these children, and our team is so excited to see how many children will enter His kingdom this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment