Friday, July 8, 2011

Les cloches


Bonjour, tout le monde! Here we are in Narbonne, working with our older group of VBS students. Thursday was the first day that we began practicing the bells (les cloches) and the children took to it like fish to water! They loved it; and I dare say that their helpers loved it just as much. Bells are a great tool in inter-cultural programs because they require no language. You just have to recognize colors and have a helper who can count decently! I guess they thought I qualified even though I had never officially done bells before; I had only seen it done many a time (by the way, I am the one with my back to you. So sorry to be so tardy in properly introducing myself).

The bells are rather representative of our entire VBS program--and life in general. We can make as many plans as we want, but sometimes you have to do things spur-of-the-moment and without much proper training. In fact, the older I get, the more I realize that God often calls the least qualified. He chooses the foolish to confound the wise, but praise God that He does because it is when we feel least ready that He can be most glorified. I have seen this over and over in this missions trip. So many times I have complained to God that I am not ready for this or that or not prepared, and yet He is still able to piece everything together in an amazing way that brings Him glory! I love that--except I do wish that sometimes He would give me a little more advanced warning. :)
~Amanda Moehlenpah

No comments:

Post a Comment