Monday, July 11, 2011

The Between Days


Salut!
This is Katelyn Mullins, and I have been helping the older VBS groups with Madame Starosciak. The team here is pictured on Saturday evening after a delicious dinner of salmon and potatoes au gratin in a quarter of Marseille called "le Panier," or the basket.

As a helper, I've had a lot of great experiences interacting with the kids. My French has improved a great deal, and they have learned some English in the process as well. Usually I teach them all the Bible verse at small group in the morning. They are always so eager to learn it in both English and French, and I am amazed how quickly they memorize and pronounce the respective foreign languages. As this second and last we continues, I hope that I can get to know each of the nineteen (lots of work!!!) kids in our group at least a little.

-Katelyn Mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment